Achieve a beautiful smile without braces
Invisalign has revolutionised how we treat crooked or misaligned teeth here at the Bachmayer Orthodontic Clinic in Parramatta and Norwest. This innovative orthodontic method uses clear plastic aligners to move teeth into position. What's more, Dr Bachmayer has been recognised for his specialties in Invisalign and has been awarded Invisalign Platinum Provider status.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a series of medical-grade plastic clear “aligners” that are designed specifically for your teeth to move them into ideal alignment. The process begins by taking a digital image of your teeth. Dr Bachmayer then uses this digital image to plan your treatment from crooked to straight. Once he is satisfied with the predicted treatment outcome, Dr Bachmayer will send his plan to Invisalign Headquarters, who then build your custom made aligners based on Dr Bachmayers prescription.
Invisalign is suitable to treat dental issues such as:
- Large gaps
- Uneven spacing
- Crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Some bite abnormalities
- Cross bites
How long does Invisalign treatment take?
Invisalign starts to straighten your teeth faster than you may think. The aligners are normally changed every two weeks, aligning your teeth step by step, until you reach the desired outcome. To help streamline the process and ensure optimal convenience Dr Bachmayer can provide you with a few sets of aligners at a time, meaning you only need to visit us around every three months rather than every two weeks. The Invisalign treatment usually takes 18 to 24 months to complete. It is important to note that compliance is the key to receiving the results you desire, so be sure to wear them as directed.
Types of Invisalign
There are four types of Invisalign aligners:
- Invisalign Full: This is for more complex orthodontic cases with results taking 18-24 months to achieve.
- Invisalign Teen: This is the version of Invisalign specifically for teenagers. These aligners come with a blue dot wear indicator so teens can keep track of how often they're wearing them.
- Invisalign Lite: This method of Invisalign is designed for patients who only need treatment of the front six teeth. Minor corrections can be achieved within six months.
- Invisalign i7: This is another version of Invisalign which is designed for patients who only need the front six teeth straightened with orthodontic treatment. Results can be achieved in as little as three months.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
There are numerous benefits leading people towards Invisalign.
- Unlike braces, you can remove your aligners to eat and clean your teeth.
- Invisalign can correct some incorrect bites as well as align teeth.
- Appropriate for both adults and teenagers.
- Invisalign is transparent so you will feel confident.
- Your aligners are tailor made just for your teeth so your treatment is effective.
- As your teeth move into alignment, you will find cleaning easier and your overall dental hygiene and health will improve.
- Invisalign is comfortable.
Book your free Invisalign assessment with the team at the Bachmayer Orthodontic Clinic today to find out how Invisalign could benefit you.