The holiday season is well and truly upon us and what better way to welcome the New Year, than to thank all our patients for a successful 2018! It’s been our pleasure to perfect so many smiles and have the opportunity to change our patient’s lives for the better – there’s no better gift than the gift of a healthy, happy smile!
While our orthodontists and clinical staff are enjoying holiday festivities with family and friends, it’s important to maintain your treatment progress. Dr Bachmayer has these holiday tips for patients of Invisalign and braces:
Orthodontics Over the Holidays
1. While it can be tempting to remove your Invisalign aligners for longer than the recommended 2 hours per day, continually doing so could delay your treatment time. While enjoying the eating and drinking synonymous with the festive season, it’s imperative patients adhere to the 2 hour rule
2. When removing your Invisalign clear aligners, keep them in their protective case to avoid breakage or loss. Don’t wrap them in a napkin, lest they get thrown away
3. If you are wearing braces, avoid sticky foods or biting on hard lollies. Candy canes and toffee can damage or break the wires, therefore delaying treatment time
4. Keep up your dental hygiene to avoid cavities, especially if you have braces where food can get caught and trapped
5. If you experience any damage or pain, call our clinic.
Our orthodontic clinics in Norwest and Parramatta will be closed from the 21st of December until the 14th of January. During this time, we will be available for any orthodontic emergencies. In the case of a patient emergency, simply call the clinic, our orthodontist’s mobile number will be available.
Happy Holidays from Bachmayer Orthodontics
From all of us at Bachmayer Orthodontics in Norwest and Parramatta, we wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year. We look forward to seeing you again in 2019.